Tuesday 8 March 2011

One handed living!

It is over 5 weeks now since I fell on my right shoulder and fractured the humerus -not humorous! My left arm was not happy working on its own- it is extraordinary how difficult it is managing the activities of daily living one-handedly! I already had an arthritic shoulder from an old injury so this did NOT help. Now praise God- I am able to use my arm fairly well but have to start shoulder exercises  which I am not very committed to. Once in the morning maybe -but 3 times a day??

So now I am back at the keyboard though for limited time span. I couldn't have managed without lots of help from my friends -getting coats on and off, peeling potatoes, cutting bread and cutting up food, shopping  and driving me around- but some things one just has to struggle with, whether heaving oneself up in bed or hauling clothes up or down (so the bunch up round one hip!)

And I no longer have to sleep sitting up!!

No comments: