Tuesday 17 May 2011

Celebrating the NHS!

I seem to have been testing the Health Service much more than I wished to do over this last year. I've discovered my gallbladder is healthy, an abdominal CT scan showed 'no significant abnormalities', and  double endosocopy helped to identify my problem. I'm now taking a stomach acid-blocker and that all seems to be sorted.
However in the New Year after  the ice had melted, I fell and broke my right arm. After a few weeks of one-armed living and with help from friends, I was just getting going again when I fell and gave myself a swollen and very bruised face and cuts to my shins and one had a haematoma leading to cellulitis. So I've been taken to A&E twice , and to ARAU (a medical version of A&E) had xrays of shoulder and leg, ultrasound of leg twice to exclude DVT and a course of strong antibiotics and now I am having physiotherapy for my shoulder. I am also in a small group learning exercises to improve our balance -a 'Falls Prevention Group'. So my exercise regime takes up time each day!

 Then this week I was called to the Medical Physics Department for another kind of scan -- to check my bone density.

I am really very fortunate because I'm pretty healthy really;  so many people I know are coping with big health problems.

So yes I think our NHS is great!!

No comments: